A ten module study of organization development (OD) and mentoring.
Organization Development is a body of knowledge and practice that enhances organizational performance and individual development. OD emerged out of human relations studies from the 1930s where psychologists realized that organizational structures and processes influence worker behavior and motivation. More recently, work on OD has expanded to focus on aligning organizations with their rapidly changing and complex environments through organizational learning, knowledge management and transformation of organizational norms and values.
Mentoring in business refers to a relationship between a senior or more experienced individual (the mentor) assigned to act as an development advisor, counselor, or guide to a business owner or employee (the mentee). It can be used at all stages in the business lifecycle and offers benefits to both mentors and mentees. The mentor is responsible for providing support to, and feedback on, the individual in his or her charge.
The fundamental truth of OD and Mentoring disciplines is that OD consultants themselves, as well as mentors themselves, are the most important “tools”. No method, no tool, no technique is worth anything in these disciplines if it is used by someone who has no idea about how human beings function – be it as individuals, or as groups we call organizations. And to know humans, you first and foremost have to know yourself. To develop humans and human organizations, you first have to develop yourself. This is why ODM program is an ideal mix of know-how in the areas of individual and organizational development, providing students with the latest concepts, tools and methods in developing both of these aspects.
Find out more about this study from the Program brochure.
Organization Development and Mentoring references of the ODM Program faculty members:
- 2018-2020 HT (Vertical Sales Transformation)
- 2018-2020 Erste & Steiermärkische Bank (Vertical Sales Transformation)
- 2017-2018 Ministry of Labour and Pension System of the Republic of Croatia (Change Management, Strategy Development, Leadership Development)
- 2016-2018 Identalia Polyclinic (Vertical Sales Transformation)
- 2016-2018 Maistra (Vertical Sales Transformation)
- 2016-2017 Podravka (Vertical Sales Transformation)
- 2016-2017 Abbott Adriatic (Vertical Sales Transformation)
- 2014-2015 Abbott Adriatic (Nutrition, Diabetes and Diagnostics divisions), Change management of Performance improvement projects and BSC implementation
- 2013-2014 McCann Ericsson Group, Organizational culture change and Performance improvement
- 2012-2014 Chevening (British Embassy Foundation), Leadership Development Project
- 2012-2014 Printera Group (print company), Change management after integration of companies into the group
- 2012-2014 DOK-ING (military equipment global producer and supplier), Change management after corporate restructuring
- 2012-2014 Salveo (member of Engelhardt Pharmaceuticals Group), Change Management of BSC and Performance Management Project
- 2011-2012 OMV (Oil and Gas), Change mgmt. of Cards Sails Restructuring Project (completed with acquisition and integration by Crodux Group)
- 2010-2013 Basler Insurance Zagreb (member of Balloise Group), Change Management of Sales Restructuring Project (lead to acquisition and integration by Uniqa Insurance Group)
- 2012-2014 Styria Media Group change management for 24 sata (news company), Večernji list (news company) and Njuškalo (classifieds company) – strategic turnaround, BSC implementation and Performance management projects
- 2012-2013 Erste & Steiermarkische S-Leasing (Erste and Immorent group), Change mgmt. of Sales reorganization project
- 2010-2011 Podravka, (largest Croatian food production company), Change mgmt. of Competency Development Program in Sales and Trade Marketing
- 2010-2013 Delta Maxi Group – Delhaize Group Serbia (retail chain covering Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, Albania, Ukraine, Belarus), OD and Executive coaching and mentoring project
- 2010-2011 Philip Morris International (R&D Division, Switzerland), Change management project for the R&D Division
- 2009-2010 Vipnet (member of Mobilkom Austria group), OD within the Service Standards Development Project