Immersion 2019: Terra Magica
- Visit Istria, one of the most enchanting Mediterranean regions
- Immerse yourself in the local culture and nature guided by expert guides; from art historians, to master chefs
- Develop your artistic expression, skill and meditative insight guided by expert artist and meditation instructor
Location: Rovinj, Island Hotel Katarina
Date: May 11-18 2019
- Saturday: Arrival, check-in, Lunch. Afternoon: Introduction to Immersion
- Sunday: 8:00 – 8:45 guided meditation. 10:00 – 2:00 Studio Class. Lunch. Open afternoon – walking and sketching, observing, developing creative ideas.
- Monday: 8:00 – 8:45 guided meditation. 10:00 – 2:00 Outdoor sketching Class (local market, boats, sea, cafes…). Lunch. Open working afternoon – transferring chosen sketch to final medium.
- Tuesday: 10:00 – 6:00 Guided art history study tour of Istria. Lunch. Time for drawing, sketching, color studies and dialogue about artistic expression and growth.
- Wednesday: 8:00 – 8:45 guided meditation. 10:00 – 2:00 Studio Class (individual instruction and deepening work on the final piece). Lunch. Open working afternoon – deep dive creativity.
- Thursday: 8:00 – 8:45 guided meditation. 10:00 – 2:00 Boat trip. Lunch. 4:00 – 7:00 Studio Class, possibly on an island, including walking meditation and collaboration and pier critique.
- Friday: 8:00 – 8:45 guided meditation. 10:00 – 2:00 Studio Class (Finalizing our piece, deepening the technique, exhibition preparation, individual instruction). Lunch. 6:00 pm – Exhibition. 8:00 pm – Group dinner.
- Saturday: Check out and goodbye.
- Total Art Class hours: 25
- Total Free Art hours: 16
- Grand Total Workshop hours: 41
Art experience: No previous experience is necessary, all levels are welcome.
Class size: Classes are intimate (8-12 people max.)
Price: The cost for the 7 day retreat is $2725 for double occupancy and $2950 for single occupancy. This fee covers lodging and two meals per day (breakfast and a substantial lunch), all excursions and exhibition costs. Airfare not included. Minimum attendance is 6 and maximum 12 people.
Minimum age is 16 years.
Cancellation policy: In case your plans change you may cancel your reservation and receive a full refund before March 15th, and 50% refund March 15th through April 30th. After May 1st you will not be able to receive a refund unless someone from our waiting list takes your spot. We will subtract a $45 administrative fee for each cancellation.
List of materials (or ready made kits) will be available after registration.
Applications and inquires regarding the program: email@example.com
Follow the links to find out more: