Immersion 2019: Terra Magica
- Visit Istria, one of the most enchanting Mediterranean regions
- Immerse yourself in the local culture and nature guided by expert guides; from art historians, to master chefs
- Develop your artistic expression, skill and meditative insight guided by expert artist and meditation instructor
Location: Rovinj (exact event venue to be determined)
Date: May 2019 (exact dates to be determined)
- Saturday: Arrival, check-in, Lunch. Afternoon: Introduction to Immersion
- Sunday: 8:00 – 8:45 guided meditation. 10:00 – 2:00 Studio Class. Lunch. Open afternoon – walking and sketching, observing, developing creative ideas.
- Monday: 8:00 – 8:45 guided meditation. 10:00 – 2:00 Outdoor sketching Class (local market, boats, sea, cafes…). Lunch. Open working afternoon – transferring chosen sketch to final medium.
- Tuesday: 10:00 – 6:00 Guided art history study tour of Istria. Lunch. Time for drawing, sketching, color studies and dialogue about artistic expression and growth.
- Wednesday: 8:00 – 8:45 guided meditation. 10:00 – 2:00 Studio Class (individual instruction and deepening work on the final piece). Lunch. Open working afternoon – deep dive creativity.
- Thursday: 8:00 – 8:45 guided meditation. 10:00 – 2:00 Boat trip. Lunch. 4:00 – 7:00 Studio Class, possibly on an island, including walking meditation and collaboration and pier critique.
- Friday: 8:00 – 8:45 guided meditation. 10:00 – 2:00 Studio Class (Finalizing our piece, deepening the technique, exhibition preparation, individual instruction). Lunch. 6:00 pm – Exhibition. 8:00 pm – Group dinner.
- Saturday: Check out and goodbye.
- Total Art Class hours: 25
- Total Free Art hours: 16
- Grand Total Workshop hours: 41
Art: experience: No previous experience is necessary, all levels are welcome.
Class size: Classes are intimate (8-10 people max.)
Price: $2.900-3.600. (We are still working on finalizing the details and the final numbers will be available in October 2018.) The price includes art and meditation instructions, art historian guidance, master chef for cooking class and local excursions around Istria (boat, minibus to various cultural sites). The price does not include travel to the main event venue (Rovinj), accomodation and food expenses, painting materials and gratuities.
Minimum age is 16 years.
Cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 12 days in advance of the start date of the program.
Applications and inquires regarding the program: email@example.com